- Osmosis in polyester pools is a problem you may experience…
- So in order to extend the life of your pool and not face this problem soon, in this section you will find some useful information so that if you finally choose to invest in a polyester pool, at least this investment will ensure you as much time as possible is possible, since the restoration of any such damage, apart from being very expensive, also requires a lot of time to repair.
- As you will see in this section, as well as in the related reference that exists on the internet about the problems of polyester pools, it would be good especially in this type of pool to choose the most expensive and in no case the cheapest one that you will find since over time next year you may end up spending more than it would have cost you.
- Osmosis is a physical process in which a liquid or fluid passes through a semipermeable membrane through its pores when pressure is applied.
- The problem of osmosis in fiberglass swimming pools is very common. The gel coat, which is the glossy and initially waterproof material that covers the structure, over time (not long) loses its properties and becomes permeable and microporous, allowing moisture to pass from one side of the pool to the other .
- When the coating becomes microporous, it allows the liquid inside the pool shell, i.e. water, to pass through the structure and out, causing water leaks.
- Also, from the opposite direction, environmental moisture present in the earth surrounding the fiberglass pool can pass through the structure and accumulate in its micropores, rotting and forming visible bubbles and black spots inside the pool, which when burst they release a very unpleasant black liquid.
- Both water loss and osmosis problems in fiberglass pools are very common...
- Finally, it is worth mentioning that our company, in addition to polyester swimming pools, also provides alternative reliable solutions, which you can find out about in the following section: https://www.aegeanpools.gr/πισινες-pisines/prokat-pisines
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)